Monday, January 2, 2012

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but has no vision."

An Entire Month Without Posting! Sheesh. December was a hectic month though, with lots of school assignments and papers due. Not to mention, in the classroom we had many crafts and activities going on. It was exhausting. The two week break back to Missouri was much needed.

While I wish I could say the break was all fun and games, unfortunately, it was not. Kinsey was sick with the flu when I arrived. By the end of the trip I had the flu and was stuck inside. Several other family members caught the bug as well. It didn't ruin the trip. I ended up getting to see the majority of my family members. I got to spend a little time with Kinsey and she is growing like crazy! She says the funniest things as well. My favorite line was when she called Debbie a "Crazy Bum!" I wonder where she heard that from?!

I was able to do a ride along with my brother over the short vacation. There wasn't a lot of action but it was nice to catch up. I can't think of the last time we had the chance to sit and chat so much. Then, of course, there was all of the Christmas stuff going on. My family seems to grow every time I leave the state. Every time I return someone different seems to have had a baby. It's great though! I love seeing all the kiddos when I return home. They grow so quickly and I can play with them, get them into trouble, and then leave. haha.

Over the break I started researching schools along the East coast. Its difficult to narrow down where I want to live next. My main problem is that I love the school I am student teaching at and I want to find a school similar. That's probably not going to happen but I like to hope. Right now I am looking at South Carolina and Georgia. I want to go somewhere where I can help students.

After a long 15 hour flight back to Juneau on the 31st, I was shipped to downtown Juneau for dinner, then managed to stay up until midnight Alaska Standard Time (which was 24hrs awake for me). After wishing my friends a happy new year, it was back to bed where I slept the best I have in a long while. Yesterday was full of unpacking and cleaning. Today I ventured out to the elementary school to print some papers and prep for school to start tomorrow. That's right. School starts back up for me and my 4th and 5th graders tomorrow!

The count down to graduation begins and there is a lot to cover between now and then.

Remember your resolutions and Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: