Friday, June 1, 2012

The sun will come out tomorrow.


AH! It’s been too long. See this is what happens when summer comes. I start working and forget about everything except sleep and money. Haha. Anyways, I graduated May 6th with my degree in Elementary Education. I should have posted something right away but I was just overwhelmingly busy. My family came to visit and despite the crossed fingers, it rained every day they were here. We didn’t let it deter us and still got around to see the major sites. I was even able to get my mom and Kinsey up on a helicopter flight. They seemed to enjoy it. 

Since graduation I have been submitting resumes and applications like crazy. I think I have applied to every school district in Georgia as well as places in Indiana and Illinois. I don’t want to move back to Missouri but I would like to be within one short flight. Unfortunately, I’m not hearing too much back from anyone. I may end up jobless and homeless come September.
Otherwise, things are going good. Summer work at Era is well underway and the days are getting longer and busier by the minute. I’m able to pay the bills and still put away some money into savings and that is all that matters right now. With every new season comes new employees and eventually new friendships. It’s a great job to have from year to year because faces are always changing and new and interesting people are always being hired. Every years is a new dynamic. This year, I’m thinking that I really like how the summer is starting out.
Overall, I’m doing well, keeping busy, and trying to get enough sleep. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I hear back from one of these schools soon. Until then, I’m saving my money and making new friends. Life is good.

No comments: