Monday, May 25, 2009

And so, the story goes...I had to decompose

Well Well Well, another month pretty well gone. I have to admit, this one flew by and sadly, I had a lot of trouble keeping this blog updated. However, I have internet now and am back in the loop, ready to write again.
Today is Monday...Seriously? Monday already?! Ugh! Feels like it should be Friday. Working six days a week really makes time fly, specially on the seventh day, when it is your only day to relax. This past Sunday (my day off) I took a trip to the "end of the road." It was a gorgeous day and everyone was out playing in the sun. At the end of the road is a boat ramp and camping ground that was filled with people, of course. I love that about Juneau. Everyone can't get enough of the sun. People flock to the beaches and rip down to bikinis to sunbath in 55 degree weather. Ha! I love it!
So, this entire week I am on bus duty. That means that it's an early morning every day and usually a late evening clocking out. However, overtime is time and a half pay, so that will be nice. I guess I can't complain too much. At least I have a job. So many in the lower 48 seem to be struggling with keeping or finding jobs. Luckily, the "recession" doesn't seem to be affecting Alaska to badly.
Tonight, I am relaxing. Kari and I rented movies yesterday and we still have two to finish watching. That looks like that will be on the agenda some time this evening. I have to finish laundry and cook dinner for myself sometime as well. Maybe I should stop procrastinating...it is 7:30 pm after all.
♥ Melissa

No comments: