Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying

(Finally got my Georgia Tech shirts in the mail!!)
My week started off pretty good when I snagged the lodge TV for a few hours on Sunday. It was the pink zone games, where the teams wear pink uniforms and shoes while they play in order to show their support for breast cancer research and awareness. Watching all the teams gave me chills. Plus the commercials with Kay Yow....call me sappy but it was all so inspiring and touching.
So there I was sitting in the lodge with my Georgia Tech shirt on, waiting for ESPN2 to show the GT game. I waited and waited but it never came. Luckily, I had my computer with me and was able to log onto ESPN3 where there was live streaming coverage of the game. Did I leave the lodge TV? NO! I sat there watching the games on both the TV and on my computer and it was heaven. (And GT won, which put me in a great mood!)

Moving right along, we are over half way through the month of February and just passed the lovely holiday of Valentines Day. My Vday was excellent! I am not sure that I have ever had a better Valentines day. Did it consist of flowers? No. Did I get chocolates from a mysteriously unknown crush. Heck no! I spent the entire day catching up on homework. I wrote a 14 page single spaced paper, then a four page single spaced paper and submitted those online. Ah the feeling of accomplishment, better than flowers or chocolate ANY DAY!
The following day, yesterday, I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. Luckily, I had a weight lifting class and was forced to get out of bed. Otherwise I may have stayed in bed all day. After class I took a trip to the store to get some Popsicles for my sore throat and some soup. Then, again, I got busy with homework. The first paper I turned in last night was 11 pages long, single spaced. The second was five pages and wasn't submitted until 12:30 AM. I did take a break to stop by the lodge with some friends and watch Glee. The show is great for a good laugh and was exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, that is the reason I had to stay up so late finishing the last paper.
Today, my goal is to finish one more of these ridiculously long assignments. Then I will be completely caught up. I usually am never behind in classes but, in typical Juneau fashion, it took me longer than expected to receive my books. Part of me is tempted to take all these expensive books and burn them at the end of the semester, like a celebration for surviving. That is, IF I survive the semester.
Back to business, today I finish one more assignment. I may start on the next lesson just to get ahead, or perhaps work on homework for another class. It all depends on how long this first assignment takes to complete. At 1PM I have a meeting with SAA to talk about upcoming events. It should only last an hour at the most and I am planning on picking up some coffee along the way. It will do me some good to get out of the house. It has been gorgeous outside the past few days. I managed to get a few pictures while driving back from class:


I'm going to end on some exciting and nerve-racking news. I had my first meeting with my advisor about student teaching. He said that my file is out in the local schools and we are waiting to hear back on which teachers are willing to host me for next year. That's exciting! He covered everything that is expected of us during our year of student teaching. We will have classes while we are student teaching so it's going to be a lot to juggle. I can't wait to hear back on where I will be placed. Praying that I get a great host teacher!

No comments: