Friday, February 4, 2011

"Perhaps the reason it never worked in the past will be the reason it finally works in the future."

(I got this ball to workout and relieve stress. I find it more fun to play with! It Keeps me sane!)

Time flies when you're having fun, or just super busy! In my case it is the latter. I have been up to my neck in school work. Never have I had a semester this busy. I can't complain too much because the weather has been pretty cold, so it's not like I am missing getting outside. Lately, I have been sitting in front of my happy lamp, yes I have a lamp that makes me happy, and working on art projects, lesson plans, and child psychology. My life is all kinds of exciting right now.(Art projects-hehe)
I can't believe it has been so long since I last updated. I guess my school work has kept me busy. So how about that Superbowl? Go Pack! I watched the game at the Recreation Center on campus. I knew it was going to be a good game from the moment Christina messed up the words to the Nation Anthem. (To my surprise, I was the only one who noticed it. Sad right?) You know if someone would have done that in China, they may have been stoned. Ha! Anyways, I got a great laugh out of it because, believe it or not, the words can get a little tricky sometimes. (I have experience with this one!)
The game was great fun though. As always, there were tons of pizzas and stuffed footballs to throw at the opposing teams fans (the footballs, not the pizzas). And you know everyone loves those commercials. It was a blast and a great break from school work.
(Big screen=Awesome!)

Back to business.
There are a few upcoming events that are very exciting to me. First off, I have a meeting about student teaching and graduation on Monday. I'm nervous and excited but mostly anxious to find out what classroom I will be in for a year. Depending on which teacher takes me, I could have an awesome first experience or a horrible one. Secondly, I have finally received my financial aid refund check and can now take the Praxis II test. After passing that test I can get certified to teach. Yay.
Overall, the semester is going alright. It is a lot of work like I suspected but I am slowly making progress. I have a few classes which I am still behind in but the circumstances are beyond my control. While I don't get out of the house much, I have managed to meet some new people and keep up with the old friends too. Unfortunately, several of my friends from last year moved out of Juneau and no longer keep in touch. It has been for the best though because I have made some new hilarious friends. People that help me instead of hurt me. Friends who know when to tell me to get to work and when to take a break. They rock.

(Susie and I have frequent study sessions)

(Heather just got a Nintendo!)


Tomorrow is my free day, where I will work endlessly on my homework. But first, I am heading to the gym early in the morning for a nice run. And I can't forget the Georgia Tech women's basketball game! I'm not promising anything, but I have a good feeling about tomorrow. I have a good feeling about this weekend in general!
(But then again, I have been in front of my happy lamp. My opinion might change in a few hours.)


No comments: