Thursday, October 30, 2008

Praying for patience and hoping for housing



I finally heard back from the housing dept at UAS. They said they did not realize they were supposed to send me housing information and that the paper work I need to fill out is all online. Also, they said I need to hurry to get the paperwork in because they don't have much room left. Great. Sigh. Well, I am currently waiting to get my immunization records from my previous school so that I can finish filling everything out. Once that is finished I have to come up with the $200 deposit. I had forgotten about that. Hopefully, I will get that all shipped to them by tomorrow or the beginning of next week. I really just want to have all of my school stuff taken care of.
The most recent update is that I will be flying there. I think the shortest amount of time it would take (by flight) is 14 hours counting layovers. Thats not horrible. However, I will be selling my car and shipping most of my belongings. Once I arrive there my first task will be to find a vehicle to buy. Sigh. I like my car that I have right now. Hopefully this will all work out okay.
On a lighter note, I chose my classes this past Monday. I was so excited when searching through the PE classes. They had mountain climbing, back packing and camping, Ice climbing, search and rescue, and thats just the beginning. I of course chose Team sports and activities because I love basketball and volleyball, two of the four sports that class focuses on. So here are the classes I have chosen and sent to my adviser to look over. I really hope they work out:

Team or Group Physical Activity -1 CR
Theatre Appreciation -3 CR
Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers II -3 CR
Biology and Society -4 CR
Geological History of Life -3 CR

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

No comments: