Saturday, July 4, 2009

"And I'm on my knees...looking for the answers"

The past few days have been filled with a crazy mess of things.
Let me get this off my chest: AHHHHH GRRRRR BADKFHA DKFLASDHFKLHHASLKHDFKASDFLHSD!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok! As most of you know Governor Palin resigned this past week. It's a shame to hear what people are saying. Southeast Alaska really doesn't care for this lady because she wants to move the capital to Anchorage. It is understandable since Anchorage is over four times bigger then Juneau. I find it kind of funny that most of the people, who complain about the governor, don't complain about the PFD money they receive each year, which happened to be over $3,000 this past year. Over all I think the country should be ashamed. This lady could have done some amazing things nationally. BUT she didn't get the job. Not a big deal, she still could have continued doing great things locally. BUT the country couldn't leave her alone. It was nothing short of harassment. I wonder why no other political figure was treated this badly. If David Letterman had said that about my daughter, forget the war of words, I would have made sure his next show was without teeth. Well anyways, I have to admit it depresses me that our country does not hold men and women at the same rank yet. It depresses me that we voted in a man who, just like Hitler, wrote his plans in his book before office. It depresses me that this man has not done crap. What happened to the hope and change and all that crap? More importantly, it depresses me that this small town Alaskan family as been ripped apart in the medias eyes, both before the election and still to this day. It bothers me most that this stoning continues and no one feels bad about what’s happening. Thanks for getting rid of our Governor, a lady who has done so much for our state. I hope you’re happy.
Moving on, I suppose...
The fourth came and went for me with no fireworks or parades or any of that fun stuff. The big fireworks display was held Friday midnight. This is really the only time of day that it is actually a little darker outside. It's weird here because there are few places to get fireworks. No booths like back home. Someone told me that it is because it is illegal shoot fireworks since we are in a rainforest. Duh, that makes since. I stayed home because I had to be a work Saturday. Little did I know that everyone, and I do mean everyone, was downtown for the fireworks display. I guess Era had it's own little prime location you had to have a password to get into. I didn't know this either or I probably would have gone. Everyone said the show was great, though most of them were completely drunk, I'm sure. The parade was the following day, during work, so obviously I couldn't attend. We had a few departures in the morning, then the parade started and we took a few hours off to eat and play games, then back to work again when the roads were open again. This put us about 45 minutes behind. The people really weren't too upset but it did make all of us working have to stay late. I think I left work about 8pm or a little after.
While at work we saw some odd planes fly over on their way to landing here in Juneau. There were two and they were huge and unmarked. Supposedly this means it's a celebrity here in town. Now everyone has their eyes open for some stars roaming the streets here. haha. According to my supervisor Johnny Depp has been in town the last few day. He was in the Red Dog Saloon during the Fourth of July festivities. Go figure, Johnny Depp in a bar.... That’s kind of cool to know though.
After a long day at work, what better way to relax then bowling! haha. A friend was having a birthday party at the bowling alley last night. We were there from 9-12. Yeah it was a long day. But the bowling was super fun. Unfortunately, my entire body hurts today from the games we played at work (football, golf) and the bowling on top of that. I am looking forward to a long hot bath here in the next hour or so...

Not sure if I wrote about this last week but I did get a scholarship for a $4000 tuition waiver. Just a bit of good news to throw in with the rest of the crap. haha.
Have a great Sunday!

♥ Melissa

1 comment:

Laura I. said...

Hereee are the thoughts I was waiting for--- I agree with you, dear! I think its really senseless that the woman had to be constantly harassed, especially all the attacks on her family. It's a shame.

Ummm if you see Johnny Depp I want details. That man is all kinds of sexy! Have you seen any of the promotional pics for Alice in Wonderland? (He's playing the Mad Hatter--- it looks AMAZING!)

I hope you are well, love ya and miss ya!