Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Jumbled Mess Of Everything

(Relay For Life)

So many things have happened over the past few weeks that I am sure I will forget something! Shame on me for not writing this as soon as it happened.
Starting back as far as I can remember...On a day off, a friend and I decided to take advantage of the lovely weather and go zip-lining. It was pretty cool. The longest zip was 750 feet. Not sure if I would actually go again but it was pretty fun. We didn't get to see a whole lot of nature as the zipping sound scares off all the wildlife, but getting that sense of flying with the wind across your face....well it was just priceless.
Moving onward...Not too long ago I got to take a "dead head" at Era, with Jenn. A "dead head" being a flight with just the pilot, up to Dog camp to pick up passengers or supplies. Jenn, being the pilot that all the girls want to be and all the guys want to be with. Well, it was great. We flew low between the mountains and the beauty nearly took my breath away. There were bright green lakes and huge, gorgeous waterfalls. Unfortunately, I was so excited to go that I left my camera at base. Oh well, I'm pretty sure this was a flight I will never forget, especially the quick nose dive she did at the end, just to scare the crap out me. Ha. Caught me a little off guard.
Next on the list. If you read the last entry, you know that I was raising money for the relay for life. Kari and I camped out last weekend and walk laps in the pouring rain for this cause. It was a blast and yet completely exhausting. We were scheduled to walk for 4 hours in the mud. We walked the first two hours, then she took a 45 min slot and I took a 45 min slot and we finished the last 30 min together. I could not move the next day but it was so worth it. Thanks to everyone who supported me and my goal.I wrote a little bit ago about a lady hitting my car. Here's a short update. The lady did come forward and everything has been turned into her insurance. Estimates, pictures etc, and it looks like it will end up costing about $2000 to fix. Not out of my pocket so I really don't care as long as it's fixed right. I just talked to her insurance today and I should hear back from them within the next few days. Yay!
This week has been rather uneventful. I did have one pretty cool thing pointed out to me at work yesterday. I guess the salmon are running and so the creek behind Era is just full of these three feet (sometimes longer) Dog Salmon. It's crazy. I've never seen anything like it. Today an employees dogs were running along the bank grabbing fish and throwing them out onto the shore. It was a little game they were playing with their owner, as she had to follow them kicking the fish back in. I guess all these salmon will eventually die because the creek leads nowhere. They might attract some bears though!!Ah Work...We have had a few days of really low clouds, causing us to cancel some flights. This always makes for a long day of chores or a short day, as everyone goes home and doesn't come back. This was the case today. It actually worked out quite nice for me. Kari left for Oregon today for a week of fishy-ness, so I was able to drop her off at the airport, beats walking, and then I came home and have done nothing but relax all day. It has been rather nice. Tomorrow is another early morning though. We'll see if we get any flight ups or not.
This next month is going to fly by. This week Kari is gone, Katie will be going home for a week at the beginning of August. Hopefully my dad will be visiting sometime at the beginning of August, Kari will be leaving for Norway in August, we move back into housing at the end August and school starts again September 3rd. I'm sure it will be a bit of an emotional roller coaster as well.
Okay, so I think I hit all the major points...
The weeks almost over! Hang in there!
♥ Melissa

No comments: