Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Calculated, Demonstrated, Educated, Elated, Eradicated

The Praxis test is over and I am so relieved. I am not too sure how I did as I had no time to study for it but I think I passed. That's all that matters I guess.
I was trying to think of what had happened that I could write about. You know, an update I suppose. And I kept blanking. Then I realized I hadn't said anything about the weather! It has been snowing for three days straight here. Talk about a winter wonderland. It came just before most people had their snow tires on. Haha. Gotta love Mother Nature. I have to mention here that my car is such a trooper. It gets around fine right now. I just have to take it slow, as does everyone else. I am really enjoying the snow though. If it is going to be ridiculously cold then we might as well have something to show for it, i.e. gorgeous white trees.
Even though it has be quite winter-y out lately, we have tried not to let it hold us back. Saturday night I went to the gym to play some friendly Co-Ed basketball. At first it was a few games of twenty-one. and then a girls vs guys half court match and lastly a full court girls vs guys game. Well I sure got my work out in. However, I am proud to say that I won all rounds of twenty-one, our girls team beat the guys in half court, and barely lost in full court. It was a pretty awesome night, despite the fact that my body still aches and some of my limbs STILL refuse to cooperate. ...It was SO worth it!
When it comes to classes, well, I am still behind. No surprise there as I have been behind from the very beginning of the semester. This has all got me thinking about school. I am not sure about next semester here, let alone a year from now. It is all a lot to take in and with my adviser cramming so many credits down my throat...well I don't know. I haven't made any huge decisions yet but I am sure I will in the next day or two.
OH speaking of the next day or two, I have a job interview coming up. It's not a big deal as I am already doing the job as voluntary work but it will be nice to gather a few cents up from what I already enjoy. I don't know why, but I am really nervous about the interview. I think it is because I know the people that will be interviewing me. The pressure is on.
Along the same lines, up this next weekend is the SAA dinner and a movie. We will be putting on Angels and Demons. AND, it will be catered BBQ! I am so excited. It has been so long since I have had BBQ chicken. I can't wait. It doesn't hurt that the movie is pretty good too. Ha!
Okay, so I have to get off here and hit the bed so I can get up in the morning for my H1N1 shot. Hurray!
Melissa

No comments: