Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer. Count the headlights on the highway. Lay me down in sheets of linen you had a busy day today...

It has been a bit crazy lately. Carrying a full load of classes and tying to prepare for next years student teaching is all very overwhelming.
This last weekend was Halloween. It was quite an eventful night. I sat aside the studys for a little bit of fun....ok... a lot of fun. We started getting ready at 5:00pm. Kalah and I packed up the car with all our sleeping gear, Halloween costumes, food, and Energy and headed for Katie's house. There we got dressed and passed out candy to the cute little kids. We waited for Robert to arrive at 10:00pm and then jammed out on guitar hero for an hour. At 11:00pm we headed downtown to see all the crazy costumes in the local bars. It was INSANE! The bars were packed from wall to wall with hilarious costumes. The four of us eventually wound up at The Alaskan Bar, where we learned how to dance to bluegrass music. Turns out this might just be my favorite type of dancing EVER! Luckily for me a nice guy by the name of Matt, who was dressed as a bicycle riding Mormon, showed me how to properly get down to Bluegrass. My arm was so sore the next day but boy was it a blast! After the dancing we headed back to Katie's house where we watched The Hills Have Eyes 2 and then Meet me in St. Louis. haha. Ended up falling asleep around 6am but what a fun evening.
Now, it is back to school. I am falling so far behind. This past week I put every other class on hold in order to write my 15 page research paper. The class I am the most behind in is my Biology class, which consists of many ridiculous labs, pointless homework assignments, boring online lectures, and extremely hard test. I am planning on working hard to catch up in there this week.
Along with my many classes, I have the Praxis coming up. Oh man am I nervous about that and I have not had ANY time to study for it as I have been doing school work. I also have my letters of recommendation, resume, and personal letter due for the Teaching program in a week, due the same day as the Praxis. OH Joy. To top it all off I just got a call from my adviser saying he talked to the principal at a middle school here in Juneau. The principal said he would be willing to take a look at my resume and perhaps place me in a student teaching program there but would never hire me. This is because I do not have a degree in science, math, english, or history. Rather I have a degree in K-8 education....one would think teaching 6th grade would fall into that section. Sigh. I guess it's better then nothing. At least I will be able to graduate and head elsewhere to look for a job.
On a lighter note, tonight is the SAA Etiquette Dinner. This is where we all dress up and mix and mingle like the elite. We learn how to properly eat and converse. We also get a multiple course meal. AND it's free for me as I am a SAA member and also the SAA vice president. YAY. I love free food, especially since I am flat out broke!
Well, I think that is enough for one entry. I need to get back to my homework.
Melissa

No comments: