Friday, November 13, 2009

What is this feeling so sudden and new?

Well, it has been a crazy few days of ups and downs. I have been, and remain stressed out as much as I think possible without having a stroke. I am happy to say that I have finally finished putting my packet together for my advisor. It consists of two letters of recommendation, one letter to my future principal and teacher, and my resume. I am excited to get that off my hands and hopefully get a great classroom this next year for student teaching. Right now, though, I have to focus on the PRAXIS! (Bum bum bummmmmm). I have to admit I am so scared to take this test. I have never been the best test taker and have not had much time to study due to my hectic class schedule. I will be happy when that is over...this Saturday.
My Birthday was this past Tuesday. I have to admit that it was rather depressing. I had class that evening so I wasn't able to go out. After waking up to tons of facebook birthday wishes I got a call from my Mom. Then I treated myself to some time in the gym playing basketball. Then I went home and waited for my online class to start. That was it, my birthday, gone. Anyways, the weather, the work load, getting the cold shoulder from a lady I thought was a close friend and a little anxiousness for Christmas break has gotten me pretty down lately. I found myself being rude to people who were going out of their way to be nice to me. Not intentionally, of course, but just stuck inside my own head and rather quiet.
I don't think I realized how weird I was acting until I went to class and an SAA meeting and people were asking me if I was okay, if I was sick. Some said I looked like I might cry. That's kind of sad. After talking to a kind of mentor figure, I went home, had some chocolate and got back to my studies.
This morning I was feeling pretty good. Being around such optimistic people (Katie Robert and Especially Keni..gosh I wish I could be that happy all the time.) really helped. I also started writing a paper about myself and my past accomplishments for the teaching program. It really made me regain some of my self confidence. It's really hard to have some of the slaps in the face that I have had over the past few months and still get up and keep fighting. Well, I am fighting through this wall of educational crap...I mean learning and trying to focus on the bigger picture.
What's the bigger picture? For me the bigger picture is the future. I am seeing me in the teaching program, my adversaries somewhere far away...like Hawaii...a new work out program that works, some more fun times with helicopters, and snowboarding of course. Who knows what lies ahead. I am just hoping that whatever happens makes me smile because I have had one too many people bringing me down lately.
Melissa

No comments: