Friday, January 29, 2010

When the waves are flooding the shore, when I can't find my way home anymore...

This week has about done me in. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and if I hear the word homework one more time think I might die. Today was not too bad though. I had class this morning until 10:10am. Ah my biology class. In this mornings class I could not tell you what we covered because I was so distracted. The girl next to me was putting makeup on the whole class while the girl a few seats down kept running in and out of the room to answer her cell phone. Across the room was this hilarious girl. She was in "the zone" staring off so hard that I thought her eyeballs might actually roll down her face and onto her notebook. Maybe she was asleep. I don't know.
So after that I took a little drive out the road. I have found that sometimes all that is needed to make a day better is some alone time in a car full of music. I love and miss music so much. It is probably one of the only things I loved about high school was the musical opportunities. Anyways, I took a drive jamming out to my iPod until the road turned to ice. It was crazy because it almost felt like a flat tire or something. The car was so hard to control but I managed to pull over just fine and turn around. From there I went to the Mendenhall Glacier and relaxed for a while. It was gorgeous today. And then it was onward to the store where I splurged a little since my financial aid money finally came through. Then returning home, I unpacked all I bought and settled on the couch to look over my Student Exchange application. I filled the entire form out but was having the hardest time deciding what schools I was interested in and in which order I wanted to place them on the application. I figured it out though and turned it in. Finished...Done...I guess it's all up to fate now.
So to get my mind off everything, tonight I invited a friend out. He just got back from South America and we haven't had much time to catch up yet. Hopefully that will work out but I haven't heard back from him yet.
I think that's all I have for now. Back to the, dare I say, homework! sigh.
Melissa

No comments: