Saturday, October 9, 2010

Don't scratch, Don't scratch!

(This was actually the best of it)
This week has been a trying one.
A few weeks ago I had a MRSA outbreak and was placed on medicine that was supposed to help clear it all up. And it did, eventually.
However, I woke up one morning with my hands swollen and itchy. I figured I had been attacked by mosquitoes in the night, as that is what usually happens. But never had my hands been swollen in the past. I brushed it off and got ready for class.
During my Social Science class one student in front of me said it looked like i had bed bugs or something. I looked down to find my arms bright red.
Next I had Volleyball. I was going along, doing my thing. I looked down at the end of class to see my entire arm spotted with hives. So, I stopped by the doctor on the way back to my dorm. She took me off the MRSA medicine and gave me Benadryl to take every six hours.
Needless to say i was in a weird sleepy state for the rest of the day. However, I didn't realize i needed to take it in the middle of the night too. I woke up the next day covered from head to toe in hives with one eye swollen and itchy. I had to skip my first class in order to give time for the Benadryl to kick in. Now it has been a few days of sleepy Benadryl Melissa walking around and the MRSA meds are finally out of my system. I woke up this morning with no hives, so I guess I was just having a reaction to the MRSA medicine. Only thing left to tke care of is this swollen itchy eye that wont go away!
(I decided to draw it for you all! I don't think i ever got an A in art class so beware! )



That night:



1 comment:

Tammie Sullard said...

You are a nut! I love the art work however, don't change your major to anything requiring artistic talent. Hee Hee! Love you :)