Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"When it rains, it pours!"

What an interesting week I have had. That red eye I wrote about in my last blog...well it got worse and in both eyes so I went to the doctor. The problem was that no Doctors offices were open because it was Columbus Day. So, I had to go to the ER:

Since the pharmacies were closed on Columbus day too, I had to wait until the next day to take an hour and a half long Safari ride to the Kmart Pharmacy for my prescription:



So I went back home to barely catch my Health class, which I had a test in. The next day, I woke up with swollen gross eyes and hopped back on the safari to get to the Kmart again:
Much to my surprise, the pharmacy had my medicine waiting for me and I put the drops in right there in the store. Too bad it cost $65!


I wish I could say that the story ends here, all happy. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I returned to my room to see my roommate had moved out, and I had a message on my phone to see my RA (resident advisor). I guess my roommate felt that I was to unsanitary to live with so she turned me in and they moved her out. Plus, the school housing office wanted me to meet with the nurse again to make sure I...you know...didn't need to be quarantined.
So, I did and I apologized to her for being in so much lately. She said it wasn't a big deal and that often times when we move great distances our bodies become stressed and our immune systems go down. She said she was going to tell the school that I am healthy.
SO SCREW U ROOMMIE! or should I say Ex roommate! Karma has vicious teeth so beware.
Oh yeah, and thanks for the FREE single room!

1 comment:

Tammie Sullard said...

A happy ending would be you had to come home to heal up and finish the semester in KC. Maybe you could re-write it. No really, I'm sorry you are so miserable. Who would have thought the Virgin Islands would turn out to be such a bad experience for you? Aren't you about half way through your time there. Should be downhill from here! Keep trying to find the bright side. Love you and praying for you. Aunt Tammie