Wednesday, December 1, 2010

10 Days and Counting

When I left off a few weeks ago my schedule was pretty crazy and, well, it hasn't much changed. I have been a busy bee turning in projects and finalizing papers. Also, my two Ohio friends left which I thought would leave me to spend the rest of my time in my room bored to death. However, school has not let me do so. The work is pretty easy, there is just a lot of it.
This week I have three finals, Volleyball, Table Tennis, and Health. I am not worried about a single one of these classes and will be in shock if I transfer anything other then an A in these back to UAS. I am a little worried about my Education class because my final is more of an oral final. My social science class, which should be the easiest class ever, is stressing me out. I have learned nothing in this class and think I am one of maybe four people actually passing. I don't want to just pass though. I want an A and I don't think that will happen. I will be lucky to get B because my final is cumulative. Lastly, my art class final....well that class is a joke. The hardest part of that final is just getting myself to do it. So, yeah...just wrapping things up here.
I am still working on my Missouri speech and I have not even thought about a song to sing when I return. I will deal with that later. I am stressing about Christmas gifts though. I am such a typical poor college student. It makes it hard during the holiday season. I have a few small things and a couple ideas but I'm not to sure about going through customs and all that at the airport. I don't want anything breaking in my luggage on the way home either. Hmmmm....
On a more fun note, I was able to go two weeks ago to Paradise Jam (mens). This is when schools come from the mainland and play here at UVI. It was great. I was able to watch Clemson, Xavier, UVI and Puerto Rico. The next week was the Paradise Jam tournament for women. I was given a free ticket and checked to see who was playing.Go figure, Missouri was here. It was great to watch them play! I also watched Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and Iowa State. I realized how much I miss playing and coaching. But it was fun to sit so close and watch some good games. Probably the best part of the night was when the power kept shutting off on the whole island and the generator would kick on but we had to sit and wait for the gym lights to re-heat back up. During this time the DJ played the Cha Cha Slide and electric slide and I laughed as Tennessee players and the referees danced in the dim light. It was a blast. However, by fifth time the power shut off everyone was tired of the dancing and just wanted the game to end. What a fun time though and a great break from school.
Well, this time next week I will be packing up my bags and preparing to leave. A week from Friday I will be flying into Kansas City.

(Thought the refs were funny looking here)

(The guy in the hat is the coaches husband)

(YAY MIZZOU)

(Tennessee/Georgia Tech game- Dancing when the power went off)

No comments: