Monday, December 27, 2010

Can't I just pack my family up and take them with me?!

Wow. It has been a crazy few weeks. I always love returning to Missouri and seeing my family and friends. When I am in town I get to watch Kinsey, my niece, most of the time I am here. It is so nice to spend time with her because she seems to grow so much while I'm away. And the things she says! Oh she is so funny. Just today she was watching Toy Story. She kept calling Buzz Ligthyear, Bud Light. I tried to correct her but she swears she is right. We have done a lot together this Christmas vacation. I think I'm going to take her to the Fun Run, which is like a building of bouncy toys and stuff. I think she will enjoy it!
This time in I was able to visit with a friend, Brooke, who was in Iraq when I left for Alaska. She has a two year old daughter now and it was so much fun catching up. I took Kinsey with me so the girls could play and they had a good time. I think Brooke and her daughter will be going with us to the Fun Run. It will give Brooke and me some more time to catch up.
As far as Christmas goes, this has been a really good year. It was relatively easy getting around to all the many Christmas parties. It's been nice seeing everyone but hard answering the many questions I've been asked. I think the best part of being around for Christmas is seeing all of my family. I went out to the farm last week and spent the day with my grandparents. We moved wood, took the tractor and fixed the cows' fence. It's always nice to be out in the country getting grounded again.(Five generations of women. Baby Avery-age 5 weeks, Jamie-cousin, Aunt Tammie, Grandma, Great Grandma-age 95)

As far as Christmas presents go, I got some cool things. My dad and step mom got me a Happy Lamp. It's a lamp that makes your body believe it is getting enough sunlight and therefore keeps you from getting depressed. I will be able t0 use this in Alaska during the lack of sun in the winter. It also helps with jet lag and sleep. I'm anxious to use it. I also got a watch from my mom which takes my heart rate while I'm working out. I needed a watch! But never have I had one that I needed to put in my birthday, weight, and height. I'm stoked about it! I got a lot of other nice things too but overall, I just love being around all the family.
I love giving gifts too! It's hard for me to buy gifts too early because I want to give them away early as well!(Matt and Linzy with their Cruzan rum and ornament. haha)

Christmas night my brother, Matt, brought his Xbox Kinect to my moms house and we all tried it out. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. It's a game similar to the Wii except your body is the remote. The best part about the game is that while you are playing, the Kinect records your movements and plays them back at the end. It's comical! And a good workout too! lol
Next up! New years! Now that I have been stuffed full of Christmas home cooking, it's time to make that same old resolution to work it all off again. I have music to work on for church on the 2nd and then it's just a count down to flying back to Juneau.
It's going by too fast!

No comments: