Sunday, March 6, 2011

“The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart”-Helen Keller

The Northern Lights

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

Obviously, the Northern Lights were out and about in full force (again) this past week. I was sitting at the dining room table when my roommates said someone had posted they could see them. We took a quick drive to a dark cabin and stood around watching the gorgeous show of lights dancing around the mountains. It was amazing!

This past week I have been working hard to get caught up in my classes. I feel like when I get caught up in one class, I fall behind in another one. While it has been stressful at times, I can't complain. I am learning a lot and am excited about the future.
So, I have some exciting news! I was contacted by my host teacher for student teaching. We met last Monday. I observed her class to see if I thought we would make a good pairing. I was happy to find the she is young and fun! It's a fifth grade classroom and I will be helping with Math and Science primarily. I feel as if I have been in school forever, yet I am still so nervous to be in the classroom teaching lessons. It's exciting!

This weekend is the start of spring break for me. I am proud to say that I am staying home and enjoying my break from classes. Except that I still have one class. Haha. My lovely advisor had to cancel a class earlier in the semester so we are making it up during spring break. I honestly don't mind. The class is fun and interesting. Other than that, I have been avoiding possible drama. It seems like every time I get my life on the right path someone or something tries to pull me off that path. Well not this time. I am happy. For once, I am really happy with my life and where I am headed.
Those people who try to take your happiness away are not worth the time or effort.

Don't rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can't love and respect yourself - no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are - completely; the good and the bad - and make changes as YOU see fit - not because you think someone else wants you to be different.

No comments: