Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

My life suddenly became very crazy.
This job at the helicopter company is taking up a lot of my time and I am finding it hard to finish off the tiny bit of my Political Economy class that I have left (that, and I just hate the class so much that the last few chapters feel like death). I have been arriving at work early and not finishing up until late. I can't really complain because I know that I can use the extra money. I would love to treat myself to a nice little vacation before my student teaching begins. We'll just have to wait and see.
As of right now, I have only two lessons left in my class before I can take the final and be done with it. Unfortunately, on May 23rd I have another class starting up. A class that involves a lot of reading. You can skim a book on the economy and get the gist. It's hard to skim a novel...and, according to the syllabus, we are planning on reading anywhere from 2-6 books a week. This class lasts until August and I just hope that I can find the down time at work to get in some extra reading. Again, we'll see....
It seems like a lot of my life is up in the air right now. I like to plan things out. I like to make lists before I go to the store and I enjoy having an organized agenda. It makes life easier. However, lately, I feel a bit lost. I have about a year until I need to know what school I will be teaching in. I have no idea where I will end up and that completely frightens me. I don't know what my financial situation will be for this next year or even the summer after. I may have to work at this helicopter company again before I am able to get a job teaching. It all depends on the economy. I have no idea whether I will even be able to go home for my nieces birthday. I have managed to make it home eary year on her birthday since she was born. I hope I can do it again this year but we'll see....
Overall, I am doing well. The weather has been wonderful the last two days. It has been about 65 with blue skies. If I weren't working, I would probably be hiking one of the awesome trails around here. I have met some new people at work and the season is off with a bang. I even met a tourist today from Atlanta who is a Georgia Tech Women's Bball fan. Kinda cool, right? This job is constantly reminding me of how small the word has become.

I managed to snap a couple pictures of the helicopters early in the morning a few days ago. The fog was heavy and we were waiting for it to lift before we could fly.
For taking them with my tiny camera phone, I thought they turned out great. It's beautiful days at work that make my life easier. Most of the past summers I have struggled to keep up with this blog. Hopefully, I can find the time to update it better throughout this summer. BUT we'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting for next post