Monday, August 1, 2011

“Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain; but few are willing to make the climb.”

August is here and I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. I know I say that every post but really...Time is passing so quickly.
I have had some ups and downs over the last week or so. At the end of last year I was placed with a great host teacher for my student teaching. A week ago, she emailed me and my student teaching supervisor to inform us that she would no longer be teaching this upcoming year. Her mother has come down with some serious health issues. So I am back at square one. I am trying to be hopeful. I know that this could turn out bad but I think that I will be placed with another teacher. Maybe a teacher that I can even learn more from. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm not sure of what the worse case scenario is but I'm trying not to think about it.

Then this past week I got some great news! I was awarded a scholarship for next year. I also will be getting a grant. Overall, its about $8,000 total off my schooling. That makes my life quite a bit easier. I have to remind myself to think about now and celebrate the moment that I am living in. Sometimes I get to focused on the big picture and life passes by too quickly. Another thing that makes my life easier is that I have finished all the reading for my literature class and turned in my final research paper. The only thing I have left to do is attend two more classes and build a bulletin board display of books for young kids. That's it! Then I'm finished with the class and can move on to student teaching. Exciting.

Unfortunately, I will be finishing this class up while on my mini vacation in Missouri. I'm okay with that because then I can pick Piper's brain for ideas about the book display and maybe even get some help putting it together.
It's hard for me to get excited about heading back because I still have so much to do. However, I have started packing already and getting things ready to leave.
Friday morning I fly out early. I get into KC at 6:30 pm. It's going to be a long day traveling and fly is always so exhausting. But once I get into town I think I will be excited to be back.
It has literally been twice as hot in KC as it is here. It has only been in the 50s here while Missouri has been well over 100 degrees. Our stores are just putting their shorts and tank tops on sale which was great timing for me. I was able to pic up several outfits for the trip back home. I don't have much use for shorts here most of the time. I am required to work in pants at Era. So I have very few summer outfits but just enough to get me through my ten day vacation.
Next up: Several several bottles of sunscreen and a swimming suit. I'm hoping to come back with a nice tan, not fried!

Happy Monday!

No comments: