Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tomorrows Another Day, and I'm Thirsty Anyway..So Bring on the Rain.

(If you click on the picture above you can see the rocks covered in Sea Lions from the Whale watching tour Kari and I took.)


Wow. What a crazy month it has been. The semester is pretty much gone. Seems..unreal. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.
Lately, it has been very stressful. Not only are final projects and "finals" kicking my butt, but we also have some conflict in the house. We "resolved" everything last night. However, I think it is only the beginning of long drawn out drama. It's so hard to see friends get hurt and not know how to handle it. I for one, am not the best at dealing with these situations. My biggest problem is that I would rather sit back and hope it all goes away. Unfortunately, this is not going away any time soon. Feels like war is on the edge of breaking out and I am totally not prepared for anything of the sort. I have been praying, but maybe this has to be this way. I don't know. Unfortunately, this conflict could ruin summer living plans, fall semester living plans, working plans....*SIGH*
Moving on, I have given several presentations lately that have gone pretty great. I seem to work better in stressful situations. This way I can't allow myself to procrastinate. I get things done and usually they turn out better. SO, with all the stress lately I have been putting together some great projects. haha. I have a final History test on Sunday, final for COMM starting today through next Thursday, a portfolio due in COMM on tuesday, and a math final Monday. Then I'm DONE! ...for the semester haha.
This next week I also have to go get drug tested and finger printed for my new job, which I am super excited about. YAY helicopters! haha. It is definitely going to be a learning
experience.
On a less stressful subject, the sun has been out lately. It has been in the 50s all week. The days have been wonderful. The nights get a bit chilly but not enough to keep us from start gazing. I guess we need to soak up as much of the clear skies as possible. Apparently, once it starts raining in the summer, it never stops. I just can't get enough of the beauty. When the sun is out, everything comes alive, even the people. It's nice to see students sitting outside or playing Frisbee in the courtyard. Some people are even beginning to wear shorts. It's kinda funny.
Well, I have class in 30 min, for which I am not completely ready. Hope everyone is ready for the weekend! I know I am!
♥ Melissa

No comments: