Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk Out On The Water,You Have No Control.

(Me and my new roommate Kalah)



This past week has been very trying. So many things have gone so wrong and I am beginning to get down in spirits. It doesn't help that each day is getting closer to winter meaning each day is loosing sunlight. I am trying to keep busy, not like that is hard these days. My classes have me so swamped with homework that I could literally stay in my room all the time and work on school work. That would only make me depressed though. I have been trying to get out of the house as much as possible to keep myself happily entertained.
The other night I went to a play on Douglas Island. It was sooo weird. It had to do with the depression and WW1 but yet there was a pet dinosaur and mammoth. It was very odd and I must admit I was lost most of the time. Haha But the point of the play was new beginnings. It also had a lot of religious quotes and themes throughout the storyline.
I have been working on a Biology lab in my basement. No I have not blown the building up yet. That has kept my quite busy but I AM seeing results. That is exciting and last night I went over to Katies to help her set up her Biology lab and the final part of mine. We are working together in this class because it is somewhat difficult and lengthy to do alone. While there I got some disturbing news from my mom about a message she received over facebook from a friend, well used to be friend of mine. It was hard to hear but...we move on. With a little bit of prayer and some homemade spaghetti made by Katie, I am feeling a bit better about the whole situation. Plus, tomorrow I am attending a new church I have heard a lot of great things about. Life is all about taking risks and hoping they turn out for the best, even if it's not exactly how we thought it should. It's all about "walking on the water" I guess.
On the subject of taking risks, today I placed myself under my car and learned how to change my own oil! Hey! I think that's risky haha.
Tonight I am hanging out with Era people at Katie's house. There are a few who will be leaving the state soon. :( Hopefully it will be a fun night with lots of laughs.
♥ Melissa

No comments: