Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Week and Counting!

According to my clock, it is Wednesday (1:00am) and a week from today I will be taking my Social Psychology final, hoping on a plane and flying through the night back to Missouri. Wow. I am so excited. This is one of my favorite times of the year but I have to admit it is a bit bitter sweet. I found that the last time I was back in Missouri for a week, I was missing Alaska from day two. haha. Alaska is almost like living in a gorgeous picture and everywhere else just isn't as...what's the word...vibrant? It all seems dulled down. Plus I have made some great friendss up here. This should be interesting but either way it will be nice to have some extra time to see old friends and of course family.
There are of course a few little things that need to be taken care of before I return to MO. They're not anything to big...just a few classes to finish up. haha. and some essay finals. So here is the deal. I have two, possibly three, Yoga classes left. Then I am finished with that class all together. I have two Social Psychology classes left and a final in class next Wednesday. I have four assignments to finish up for Technology in Education class. No final in that class. I had my last class for Literature in Education last night and have my online essay final due Monday. I had my last Anthropology class tonight and that final is also online and essay format. It is due Tuesday. It seems like a lot but I am confident that I will get it all finished...eventually.
Good news. I got my Praxis scores back today. Well most of them. The writing section is still being processed which I am not sure that I did very well on. However, my math and reading comprehension results were great. I passed both with flying colors, receiving a 181/190 on math ( I bet I can tell you the questions that I missed too, just by making a stupid mistake. I realized this later of course!) and a 179/190 in the reading. It feels really great to have those scores back and gives me a little bit of a confidence boost knowing that I didn't even have time to study one bit for these tests. So, the Praxis one is over and now all I have to worry about is the praxis two and middle school testing in the far future. Merry Christmas too ME.
So what is in store for this and next week? Well, I am planning on finishing my online tests and assignments before the end of the week. That will leave me with only my psych test next week and a yoga class. Hopefully this weekend I can get in some ice skating, my new hobby. I just recently pick up some new Nike, Bauer hockey skates and am really excited to try them out. Unfortunately. I have not had much time lately. No worries though because I am bringing them home with me. Anyone know how to skate? Anyone know where the nearest ice rink is? haha
See you all soon!
Melissa

No comments: