Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MIZ...

(Walking to the gym for class. Don't you wish your gym had this view?!)

Classes are underway and I am sure that this will be the hardest semester I have had to date. Mainly because the workload is sooo much. It is only Wednesday and I am stressing about the classes I have had. I still have half my classes that I haven't even been to yet. My step mom reminded me to slow down and take one step at a time. I'm on the homestretch!
I have some good news though! I was able to change out my car battery and my car now runs like a champ again. That was a huge weight off my shoulders. Especially since it is supposed to be -20 degrees for the remainder of the week. Oh how happy I am about having a nice warm car to ride (and sing at the top of my lungs) in!
Also, I have met my roommates now. They are so sweet and quiet. I missed the sound of silence when I was in the Virgin Islands but here....ahhh....it is a beautiful sound. Speaking of the Virgin Islands, I was required to fill out a form about my experience and turn it into my exchange coordinator. She decided to pass the form up to the head of NSE so that something could be done about the problems I had. It's nice to know that people care. However, I doubt UVI will change it's ways.
Lastly, I ordered my books online today. I am so excited to get these books in so I can get to work. Some of these classes I need to be reading for right now! Oh well, no need to stress about something I can't change. Tonight, one of my professors said he didn't care if we didn't have our books for the first few weeks. He said he realizes that it takes time and money to get mail here. Now that's what I like to hear! In this class we had to do introductions. Just short intros about our name, where we are from and live etc. When it was my turn I said I am originally from KC Missouri. The professor interrupted me to cheer "MIZ-ZOU." I think I might like this class....

No comments: