Monday, January 5, 2009

The day has come!!!! (OR NOT Updated)


Wow. This day came much quicker then I thought it would. Everything is packed and ready to go. We have to be at the airport at 11:00 am to check our bags. I will be riding with my mom and we have to pick up my sister-in-law and my grandma. Am I nervous? Uh, yeah. I think everything will hit me once we have a safe landing in Juneau. Right now it all seems like it isn't going to happen. Like I have been waiting so long and it can't possibly be happening. I just can't wait. Oh, and I have a video I am getting ready to post.
Pray for my family. They will need it!

.:::::::.
UPDATE!!! So we get to the airport and they tell us that we have to go wait in this horribly long line. I guess Salt Lake City is having weather issues and trouble keeping ice of the runway. So we wait in this line for them to tell us that the only flight to Juneau will land there at 9:00 pm on Thursday, the day I'm supposed to move in. Here's the plan, we will be at the airport tomorrow at 7:00am and will catch the plane to salt lake, then the layover and on to Seattle Washington. We will stay in Washington over night and catch our next plane Thursday night. This plan really stinks but the Delta "dude" told us that ALL AK flights are completely booked full, which is weird. The Iron Dog races haven't started have they? haha. Just pray for us to have a nice trip and arrive safely. Did find out about my rooming and all that stuff, will update you on that later!!
.:::::::.

♥ Melissa

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very nice......

Laura I. said...

Have a safe flight, Mellie! I'm sooo excited for you and I can't wait to hear about everrything :D

Laura I. said...

Have you made it yet? I want updates! Miss you and thinking about you!