Saturday, January 17, 2009

YAY SUN!


Well, my first week of classes is over and I will admit I am going to use my weekend to catch up. The teachers here require a lot more then any professors I have had in the past. However, they are all very nice and very personable. I think if I had a problem with anything in their class, it would be very easy to talk to them.

This week was very lovely. After I flew in with a snow storm that covered everything in lots of snow and ice, I was a bit worried about how life was going to be here. Middle of the week the sun came out and everything began to melt. It was so pretty. I have found myself running to the store, the rec center, eating on campus, going to see movies, or trying new things like snowboarding, just to get out of the house for a while. The first tip I got about homesickness and depression here is not to sit around doing nothing. Always keep yourself busy. So, that's what I have been trying to do and so far I have not really been homesick at all. Yeah, I miss my family but I am beginning to love Juneau and all the friends I have made here.


Here's whats lined up for this weekend. We were supposed to go ice skating but decided to postpone that for next week or weekend. Last night a group of friends and myself went out to eat at this restaurant similar to a Stake and Shake back home. It was a good time. Today I am playing some basketball at the rec center and will probably return home to do some reading for class. Sunday I am going to a Baptist church here. I am very excited as I have no clue what to expect. Sunday night I am going to see a play at the theater on Douglas Island. I have to for class but I'm really excited too because I love theater! And it's a comedy. :) We have Monday off, since it's a three day weekend, and I will probably use that time to finish up last minute homework or do some extra reading for history class. That class is going to be the death of me. Haha.

Have a great weekend!

♥ Melissa

1 comment:

Rúben Nogueira said...

I, I loved to read your blog.

I'm Portuguese, but I love english and chat with someone that speaks everyday english is so awesome =D

Hope to hear from you,

Rúben (Portugal)