Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wow, this really is amazing.

We made it to Alaska. Finally! It took us four days but we made it,and brought a snow storm in with us. Because of all the bad weather and unexpected layovers, Dad didn't get to stay long. We got in town about 8:30pm and ran to Wallmart. By time we got back to the housing it was 10:00pm. He had to go ahead and leave so he could get some sleep before flying out at 6 or 7 am the next day. Like I said, originally we were planning on having a few days to look around and stuff but it didn't end up that way. It felt like i was dropped in the middle of nowhere. This was probably better for me. It made me adjust faster.
I will admit I was a mess after he left. That night was an emotional one but luckily I was so tired, I climbed in bed and wiped out. I have never had to deal much with homesickness but i have been keeping busy and it's not really bothering me yet. That next morning I had to get up and unpack everything, then head to orientation. My grandparents and parents always used that saying "When I was your age I had to walk to school in 3 feet of snow, up hill both ways." Well, I had to walk to school in 3feet of snow, up hill on the way back. Haha. The poor girl walking with me had her luggage lost on the plane and was having to walk in her tennis shoes. I felt so bad for her. Honestly, it's not that bad of walk if you have boots.
I met some awesome people at orientation. One of the CAs is taking a few of us new girls snowboarding tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm sure I will be sooo sore on Monday.
Last night I went out with my roommates to see Bride Wars. We got to know each other better and the movie was great. So far, this is shaping up nicely. The people here are so nice and always cheery. It is a much different world and there are a lot of things I am learning. However, I think the people I have met will help me make the best of the situations.
Okay, now I have to try and catch a bus. haha. Another learning experience.

♥ Melissa

No comments: