Sunday, October 11, 2009

I have never been one to follow...

I have never been one to follow. There are people who will follow the crowd, change there story just to fit in, change how they act, talk, walk, dress, just to feel comfortable in their own skin, which in the end isn't even 'theirs.' I have never been one to do this. I've been made fun of, lost relationships and irritated people beyond belief because of this. I can't pretend to be someone I am not. I can't sit back and pretend to live my life. I would not be in Alaska if I did.
I remember telling my mom that I wanted to go to school in Alaska. I was so nervous about telling my family that I ran the idea through my brother first. He gave me some great advice, probably the only advice he has ever given me but I think it was the opportune moment and perfect words said. He told me to just do what I want and who cares what everyone thinks. In the end I am the one who will be happy or sad because of the decision and I should just live how I want. He was right and I knew right then that I was making a good decision to move to Juneau. Nervous...uh yeah I was so nervous. But I would make the decision over again in a heartbeat.
So I am here in AK and I have friends. I have a good life and am enjoying school as much as I can. haha. If I cared about what people thought of me and my life I would not be doing this blog as most people think it is stupid. I would not be sitting in my living room in PJs at 1pm, no makeup. I would not be living here and I would not be taking risks in life. MY life would be boring and unsatisfying.
So, what is the point of this blog entry? It has no point really. haha. Just to say that I am now living on the edge. I am going to learn to snowboard...like hardcore snowboarding. I am going rock climbing, bear chasing, baby porcupine rescuing. I will be graduating with my Education degree and then going into Aviation school. I will be flying. Most importantly I will be happy....in debt, probably...but I already am :)... Satisfied. I will be satisfied.

(Me and Katie just having fun at the Mendenhall Glacier)

(BEAR!)
(Baby Porcupine!)
And That's All Folks!
♥ Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which is how life was meant to be lived. Live it well, be happy, smile, and become an awesome pilot! You deserve it Melissa.