Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Juneau! Take Me Away!

(Mendenhall Glacier Waterfall)

Such a wonderful day!
I skipped class! I needed too. Kalah and I skipped class and we went everywhere. First a stop at the recreation center for an orientation to rock wall climbing. Then we felt like we needed to climb Juneau! So..we took the car and went to the shrine. A favorite place of mine which I just saw three batches of whales go by yesterday. One even breached. It was amazing! Anyways, we went to the Shrine and not even three minutes there we saw the whales in the distance. It was great again. I found a new "rock." The rock was a place toward the end of the road that I used to go to think. Now it is just haunting and so I needed to find a new one. Thus, the shrine holds my new rock. It has other great rocks too which Kalah and I felt the need to climb all of them. haha. After a bit there we drove to the old rock and I explained the story of the old rock to her, and everything that goes with it. We walked the water until we found an amazing water fall in the woods...with lots of rocks to climb haha. SO We Climbed Those Too! Took some amazing pictures and headed home. At home we made some hot tea, grabbed some grub and hats and headed to the Mendenhall glacier. We had one purpose there...the Waterfall. WOW. It was amazing! We got up close right as the sun was setting. And guess what...on the side of the waterfall are all these rocks! haha So we climbed them too! On the way back I managed to get a great picture of the sunset and a heart island that gave me some hope.
It was a wonderful day of relaxing and now I feel more then ready to focus on school for a bit. It was what I needed.
♥ Melissa

(Rocks by the waterfall! Me at the top!)


(Drinking our tea on a huge rock)




No comments: