Saturday, October 3, 2009

October

Like always, I am in shock of how quickly time has flown by. I cannot believe it is already October. Seems like it was just may last week. But then again I have been a busy little bird and we all know the busier you are the quicker time flies.
This past week has been full of a bit of everything. I am still in the process of getting to know my new roommates. Leanne has already decided Juneau is not the place for her and has dropped her classes and is moving down south. Kind sucks since we were all just getting to know her.
Seems like I have been everywhere this past week. I set up a lab in my livingroom and kitchen, for my biology class. Then I set up the last part of the lab at Katies house. We got the results a week later and everything looks good so far. Hoping for an A+ on that assignment. Speaking of Katie's house, we (the roomies and me) have been over there quite a bit lately. They have Guitar Hero and who doesn't love Guitar Hero! It has been fun and relaxing.
On the topic of relaxing, I took a trip with Kalah and Leanne to the Shrine a few days ago. They had not been there and it is one place that Everyone in Juneau needs to go to at least once before leaving. We watched sea lions and then were scared to death by the sound of a porcupine climbing in the tree right above us. It was a gorgeous day and we had to take advantage of it! We also took a quick trip out to the Mendenhall Glacier ...at night...and I had to keep Kalah from running around looking for bears. I am not a chicken...but it was creepy out there at night!
Another thing we do to get out of the house and away from homework is GO SEE MOVIES! This past week we went and watched The Cove, a documentary about the illegal mass killings of Dolphin that were caught on tape by Ric O'barry...from Flipper the old show. It was crushing to watch but awakening at the same time. It was one of those movies that makes you want to get up and save the world in that very moment. Ah...depressing.
So happy news! The snow line is dropping...I guess that's happy news for some. I think if it is going to continually get colder, it might as well produce something pretty. :) Some are saying we may get snow before Halloween this year. We'll see! I am excited to go snowboarding again this year.
Finally, Day of Caring was this past week. We painted a fence at a daycare/preschool. We painted shelves and book cases and we shampooed carpets. It was great to help out and give back to the community. You could tell how appreciative the owners were. And we had a blast at the same time. Win win situation.
ok ok ok back to homework for me!
♥ Melissa

No comments: